Wednesday, March 5, 2008

chapter 8

Chapter 8 deals with security issues, ethics, and emerging technologies in education. Objectionable materials on the Internet include racist literature and obscene pictures and videos. Computer ethics are the moral guidelines that govern the use of computers, networks, and information systems. Filtering software programs help prevent browsers from displaying materials from targeted sites or materials that contain certain keywords or phrases. Emerging educational technologies that will influence public education significantly include digital media revolution, World Wide Web, the next generation of software on DVDs, assistive technologies, Web-and video-enhanced digital textbooks, Web-based training, and wireless technologies.

In the class we learned all about how to make our own Web page. I thought that I would hate it, but it turned out to be really fun. I liked picking out my own style page and writing things on it in whatever font size, style, and color I choose. It is also really convenient to have a page with a lot of links to my favorite websites. I also like that we learned how to upload photos and files onto our page.

I thought I would hate making my own web page, but the more we do with it, the more it is starting to grow on me. I could definitely see how teachers could use something like this to relate information and assignments to their students, the students’ parents, and other teachers.

No comments: